Tuesday 22 October 2013

Challenge and Action Plan.

For my Silver Arts award i have Decided to focus on Film and Animation. I have a good interest in both sections of Media and would like to learn more about the creation of great Films and Animations. I understand that there are different ways of filming something depending on the scene and/or sequences of events. I am more interested in the Directing and Editing sides of things when it comes down to Filming or Animating. I like being able to put my own idea down and having something shot and edited exactly how i want. The Editing process is very important to get right. If you edit something wrong, it could change the whole effect or feeling the director may be trying to create in a scene; and if this happens in a vital scene, then you could change the feeling of the whole film.


I think some of the things i need to learn and improve on are; Understanding and learning how to use different styles and methods of filming for different types of Movies or Films. Such as thinking, how to film something to get the effect right and how to film in a certain way for different types of movies. Like the difference between Comedy and Horrors, to Documentaries and Thrillers. You would film with at least slightly different methods with each genre of Movie or Show because you're trying to get different effects and send different messages to the audience.

I also feel that i should learn a little more about cameras and all the different settings they have and why they are used. I don't feel that i am too bad with this as i definitely have a great interest on cameras, i just feel that i should learn more.

I would like to research more into animation. Again, i have a great interest in this form of film and media, but feel that i should learn more and try and improve on my actual animation and artistic skills, and my overall creativity. If i focus on animation, i feel it can only help these skills improve. I will still be getting experience with camera work and practice at directing my own small film, but i will also be getting good practice at trying to build an animation set and some small, 'to scale' clay models for those sets. But as i am focusing on animation, i will also have to learn how to time things correctly when filming. This is because when you are animating, you are filming one single frame at a time. If i move the object i am animating too much on one frame or over a collection of frames, the smoothness of the final product will not look very professional and it probably won't be very nice to view.                               

No comments:

Post a Comment